The fault in our stars by John Green

The fault in our stars by John Green review    

I have been reading this novel for a long time, you can say I lost count of the month so that this book has witnessed some of my life-changing moments and it was such an engaging companion. I have to say that it was perfectly balanced with emotion, romance, and friendship. Yes, it’s a so-called  Love story. The book is about two teenagers one is Hazel Grace Lancaster who has had thyroid cancer for three years and then another one is Augustus Water (Gus) with an artificial leg. oh! There is another character which is Isaac when he lost his eyesight because of eye cancer, his girlfriend leaves him. As revenge, they Egged her car. ( I wish, I could do the same, but no worry I will egged my future EX so, all of my future EX be careful )  

Grace and Gus, they are teenager they meet at a cancer support group. Both of them end up falling for each other but they both know, fall in love hopelessly even though they know the end of their story will heartbroken. (I think that’s what love is). At their first meeting, Augustus put a cigarette between his lips. It looks like he was paying money for more cancer but he was not. Actually, what he did put a cigarette between his lips but he never lights up the cigarette, he never gives it the power to kill him and as usual, like every other girl, Hazel Grace Lancaster was not from the moon she, impressed by his philosophy. ( though, I’m thinking about using the same ninja technique. But sad it won’t work who already read this book). Then they started talking passing time together as usual what we do when we fall in love as you know don’t have to explain BLAA!!! BLAA!! BLAA! one day they decided to read each other favorite novels, Gus gives Hazel The Price of Dawn, and hazel gives Gus An Imperial Affliction a novel by peter Van Houten which was a novel without a conclusion. Yes!!! an unfinished story with lots of questions??? both of them start trying to find out what happened at the end. And which take them to Amsterdam, they meet with the author but they couldn’t find the answer to WHY??? (I can’t tell you that, just read the book ). Two teenagers in the magnificent city of Amsterdam experiencing love for the first time. (what do you want ?? isn’t it enough ??). As the novel progresses some time it will make you cry and sometime it will make you love. Trust me you will feel multidimensional emotion at the same time. okay, no more spoilers. bye, see you around. Read the book and enjoy it. If your not a book person but still want to enjoy the novel, you can watch the movie it called “THE FAULT IN OUR STARS” best of luck.


And last but not the least “You can love someone so much… but you can never love people as much as you can miss them” one of the true facts this book has taught me. At some point in the novel, Hazel said “I’m a grenade and at some point, I’m going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?” she wasn’t the grenade she was the casualty. I realized by reading this book that cancer does not only touch victims, but it also touches all those who love them.

Love is stupid but it’s okay to be stupid sometime. If you both love each other with your pureblood, I would recommend you to believes in love and fight for it until your last breath.

Personal rating: 8.99/10 ( highly recommender)

Some favorite quotes :

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

Maybe okay will be our always

The world is not a wish-granting factory”

“ I’m a grenade and at some point, I’m going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?”


Comments